Sunday, August 28, 2011

DIY: Floral Broach

I love floral broaches and even more of the fabric ones too!


The Project:


I purchased a few colors of felt for 29 cents each from Joann's fabric & craft store.



I cut them in various sizes of squares.



I folded them in half...



Than folded them again in half...



Than I folded them into a triangle.



Like this.



 Than a round corner at the top...



 Their not all going to look perfect, but that's okay!



 Fold the felt together again with the pattern you are going for....



Using a needle & thread sew the needle through the felt.


 
 Tie together both ends of the thread.


 Like this.



 Using a hot glue gun, glue your pin & place it underneath your flower (you can use a safety pin just as well).



 Flip the flower over & arrange your felt pedals with the look your going for. I glued here & there in between the pedals to keep everything together.



I bought a set of sticker pearls from Michael's craft store for $1.



And, I glued one to the center of my flower.



Voo-La!
The colors I used were dark pink, dark red, olive green and dark purple.



You can place the floral broach on anything, so here I am playing with what I can do with it :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You :)