Friday, August 5, 2011

DIY: Milk Vases

I got this inspiration from another blog that I saw and I wanted to try it myself. I am obsessed with white plates and vases right now. The simplicity of just putting flowers inside them or hanging them up is just so feminine. My master bedroom is my experimental project right now. I am going with black & white toil with a little bit of chic. We will see how this turns out :) 


The Project
 
I grabbed all of my clear vases I have around the house that I didn't know what to do with.


2 white paint bottles I bought from my local craft store (Michael's) for 99 cents each. 
You can find these anywhere at your local craft store.


You will need 1/4 cup of water


Empty both bottles of white paint inside the 1/4 cup of water


Use a spoon to mix the paint & water together. I wasn't as graceful here, I just used an old pencil as my stirring stick :) The water just thins out the paint to make it easier for what your going to do with your next step.


Pour a small amount of paint inside the vase you are trying to cover and move it around so the paint can spread evenly inside of the vase until completely white. When finished, set the vases upside down for the rest of the paint to drip down on an old news paper/ads over night until dry.

 
My finished vases after drying over night.


Let's see what it looks like inside...


Voo-La! 
I put flowers inside of them and placed them in the master bedroom, what a difference!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You :)