Monday, August 8, 2011

DIY: White Rhinestone Candle Pillar

When looking through a Thrift Store, I came across an old looking candle pillar that just needed a little T.L.C. I love candles in my house and finding a pillar just gives me another excuse to add more candles (wink).

The Project:

This is the candle pillar I was telling you about which was only 99 cents.

I went to my local hardware store (Lowe's) and I bought a can of white shiny paint 
for only 99 cents. You can always use a different brand & again, don't forget to wear gloves!

I went into the garage for this project and used our fold-up table :)
Just spray little by little "Spray-Wait-Dry-Spray-Wait-Dry" 
Don't be too impatient like me, you will end up having paint drips.

It finally dried!

What you will need for the next steps. (small glue gun, glue sticks, scissors, black marker/pen, white felt & stick on rhinestones) You can find all of this at your local craft store (Michael's) and its very inexpensive.

Place the bottom of your pillar on your felt, using your black marker/pen to trace the bottom of the pillar. Were going to add a soft padding at the bottom of your pillar to protect your furniture from scratches.

What mine looks like.

Carefully, glue the edges of the bottom of your pillar in small parts at a time. You don't want to go too close to the edge, because when you place your felt and press down to the cloth, your glue will just Ooze out. You want to do small parts at a time, because your glue will dry quickly and you want to make sure your felt will stick and smooth out evenly.

Just about done with this step.

Now were going to use our stick-on rhinestones to place at the end of each loop of the pillar. The packet I purchased for 99 cents had two different sizes of rhinestones. I just placed the small ones at every other loop of the pillar.

The larger rhinestones, I placed in the loops I skipped over from prior. 
I'm just using the Small-Big-Small-Big pattern for this.

Using a candle I already had, I added a thin white papered rope (also something I already had) to tie a bow around it. This candle pillar desperately needed an up-lift, glad I was the one to do it!


Thank You :)