Monday, September 12, 2011

DIY: Another Floral Broach

If you know me well, I love flowers and anything floral. So, I have been on this motivation-high with making my own broaches to put on clothes, purses and jewelry. I figured, since I have all of the materials to make what I see in stores that cost $10+ that I can make for a lot less.


The Project:


What do I do with these plain bracelets I have at home? Hmmmm....


Materials can be found at your local fabric/ craft store


Cut your gray felt into a few 4x4 squares


Fold one of your squares into half...


Than fold it in half again... 


 Than fold it into a triangle.


Cut the top of this in a curve.


Like this....


 Do this to all the squares you cut out. Their all going to look like this. Don't worry if their a little imperfect.


Fold the felt together again, place them together and using a needle & thread, sew through the felt.


Like this....


And tie the two ends together.


On the other side of the tie, I rearranged the flower, glued a dab here and there and in between to secure my flower.


Using my hot glue gun, I glued a pearl right in the middle.


At the bottom of the flower using your hot glue gun again, glue a feather onto the flower..
(don't mind my glue mess)


Using a hot glue gun, glue your pin & place it underneath your flower
(you can use a safety pin just as well).


Like this...


Voo-La!
 I went ahead & secured it through those plain black beaded bracelets I have. 
I can't wait when it gets cooler, so I can pin it onto a jacket :)


I made a few more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You :)